Friday, July 1, 2011

Just like that

have not written anything yesterday. Don't even start thinking it is because you are making a HUGE effort these days to correct things. yes, I can see the efforts. and Yes. it is because of that, that I am still talking to you and trying to maintain a semblance of normalcy by asking about you day and telling you about mine and the kids.

But, that doesn't imply that I have forgotten everything. That everything you did has stopped hurting and hence I am back to being normal again and so don't have to write. I didn't write because i nearly lost my job because of the last week.
I didn't write because my boss and big boss asked me if I had lost interest in the work and why was it that I had let it all slip the last week. They told me, not so subtly, that this downward trend can't continue. and hence, the only option I had was to put my remorse and moping behind me and nose dive into my job.

But before I do the nose dive today, I just had to check twitter and here is the first tweet I actually saw:

If you're not happy being single, you'll never be happy in a relationship..... Get your own life first, then try to share it with someone.

For you, and everyone else that knows you, I am sure there is just no explanations needed there. So Long.....(By the way, with each passing day of this I am getting way closer to believing in signs and all that).

And well, thanks so much for the efforts. It is really heartening to see that you care enough to do all this now. Its not that I do not appreciate what you are doing. But now it all becomes a rectify-my-mistake exercise. If you had put even half of this effort (and the effort we are talking about here is just talking, as you know) earlier, those efforts would totally have been a representation of your love and care and very very appreciable and reciprocable. And then, all this may not have even happened. SIGH!

3 comments:

  1. MAAN EVEN I THINK ALL THOSE TWEETS CAME WRITE ON TIME.....BANG ON TARGET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT IT CAN ALSO MEAN THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE HAPPY BEING SINGLE, DONT WANT TO GET IN A RELATIONSHIP..ISNT THT POSSIBLE.. :)
    but either ways if they make their intentions clear, lesser the harm to the other person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who told you that "and vice versa" is always applicable. it means very simply that you need to be happy with yourself and love yourself first to have any hope of being happy with someone else and love someone else. Obviously if you are happy with yourself you will enjoy it when you are single as well. if you don't want to be with someone else, that is ok. But If you do, then it is first and foremost important that you are happy with yourself.

    ReplyDelete