Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Memories Overload

So my colleague was sitting listening to songs on his PC. At a particular song he goes "I watched this movie when I was in 5th. Had gone for the movie with X,Y,Z,A and B". And went on to describe various aspects of the experience.

Now, if you read that line, you would know exactly what i was coming to, wouldn't you. Every time we watched TV together, every time we went for those long drives and listened to songs, every time we went out to eat and old songs were playing in the background, (all those times in these past 4 years that have been so unhappy and unbearable for you), you would immediately burst into this description of how and when you had seen each of the movies. You had such vivid pictures of exactly which year it was, where had you watched it, whom all you were with the whole scenario was so clear in your mind no matter how very very early childhood this was about. And I would always be left amazed and wondering because

I could never for the life of me remember when or where I had watched the movies I had. Most of the times, until I had seen a few scenes, I wouldn't even remember, just from the names, had I watched those movies at all. This was such a constant feature of our (unhappy) interactions. Remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment