Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Fights Cheated Me, Not You

No. Not You. you are just a helpless victim...

So you told me yesterday that whether you cheated on me or not, we were always incompatible. We argued and fought and you had all these issues for all these years. And when I asked you why you didn't raise these issues before, why you didn't think it was necessary to talk and sort problems, you said you never raised concerns because you think a partner should understand everything without having to be told.

  Ka-Boom. BING. DASH. BISHOOM. FLASH OF LIGHTENING
 (time travel back to the 21st Century. Oh but, you said this yesterday only, right?)

Anyways, I'm digressing as usual. So, the issue was that I fought a lot and complained a lot and asked for your attention sometime etc. And "normal" women in "normal" "compatible" marriages don't do that. They dont "fight" so their husbands/boyfriends may come and "manao" them, they never complain "have you married the TV or me"? etc. NO. I invented these lines actually. 

I also remember you asking me to watch Zindagi Na Milego Dobara a few weeks back. How does it connect? Well, I haven't watched the whole movie but in the first 50 mins or so, I saw two scenes that had me wonder "does he even relate his complaints to these things when he watches these movies and scenes". (And its that thought that made me pause the movie and write this post).

First, I saw a scene where a fiance gets angry, cuts a call and walks off when she realizes there is another gal in her fiance's room; No matter how innocent a situation it was and no matter what explanation he gave. (and I didnt doubt you ever, even in a college full of girls till you actually proved what you are capable of).

Then there was a scene where a couple fight, no wait SCREAM at each other when she says he isnt giving her enough time. AND you were a chef. We had no weekends together, you came home at odd times and except for complaining about disturbed sleep at odd hours when you walked in sometime, I have never done this complaining bit.

No really, what do you think when you watch these? Or are you capable of making me look worse than all of them girls you see despite all this? Cos you do have this capability of  finding the worst from any situation.

Or is it because these gals are pretty little things on TV and so it doesn't matter? Cos apparently, all the complaining and pouting and cribbing that other pretty little things have done from your college has elicited the respons "Uff its so hard to make you happy. but I love doing just that". 

Hmmm so, it IS just me and MY fights. I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment